LIVE A LIVE

So how about LIVE A LIVE finally getting a release outside of Japan? And not just a release, but a full blown HD-2D remake? Did not see that coming but I am hyped for it.

LIVE A LIVE is a 1994 Super Famicom game that, from what I gather, is pretty dang good. I am so looking forward to playing this on my Switch in July. I've heard the soundtrack numerous times and it never fails to impress me. Written and scored by the legendary Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II, Kingdom Hearts, the Mario & Luigi RPG games) the soundtrack to LIVE A LIVE is right up there with the SNES RPG music greats like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and FINAL FANTASY IV to VI. It's getting arranged for the 2022 remake and it sounds freaking awesome. 

Back in the day, the soundtrack was released for the game in Japan and like so many OSTs at the time, it had the "Original Sound Version" label attached. I find this is a good way to differentiate an older score from a new one so the covers for the 16-bit OSV that I put together have those three words slapped on it. Keen eyed viewers will note that the logo for the LIVE A LIVE remake has a more vibrant "A" in it. I've gone with that logo for the remake soundtrack covers along with "Original Soundtrack" to go with it. Also for the OSV covers, I've included a few of them with the 16-bit sprites.







Comments